Crisel, Micha, Joy and I

Crisel, Micha, Joy and I
My family!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

BC Ferries...

Well I am excited to say I have a job interview tomorrow morning for a position with B.C. Ferries as a deckhand on one of their Saltspring Island based ferries. It's really neat to be here saying this, God has brought everything together in a very awesome way for this to happen. I just finished the basic safety courses last week which are now prerequisites for employment on any Canadian flagged (or international) passenger or cargo ships. The courses were very interesting and involved a lot of hands on training such as liferaft and lifeboat launching and operation, and marine firefighting as well. After the first course I went over to Saltspring Island to apply in person for the job, and then over to Victoria. I was called two days later for the interview. Well I just wanted to let everyone know some of the cool things that are happening here lately. I appreciate your prayers regarding all of this and pray that God blesses you each!

1 comment:

Danette Ann said...

That's awesome Jacob! It's crazy how stuff like that happens!