Crisel, Micha, Joy and I

Crisel, Micha, Joy and I
My family!

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Facebook, Friends, and what it all means...

I was going to post this as a "status" on Facebook, but it was too long... So I'll reprint it here... Isn't it funny? I have 387 "friends" on here. About 5 or MAYBE 10 of you I actually talk to or have any regular communication with whatsoever!!! By what standard do we rate someone as a "friend" nowadays? Some of you, I have never even met!!! I just deleted 46 people, not to be mean, but because we met once last year or 15 years ago, does that now make us "friends"? Or maybe we went to high school togeter? Some people I deleted I could not even remember who they were!!! I think it is sad how we often rate friendships these days. Of all the 387 "friends" I still have on here, how many of you have invited me over for dinner or whatever in the last year? How many have been over to my place? A few, but not more than a few. Maybe this should be acknowledged as an "aquaintance list", and our friendships should be stored up in our hearts, instead of in cyberspace!!! Those of you who actually ARE my friends, you know who you are, as do I and as does God. God bless you my friends. I love you. And come by for dinner if your ever in the neighborhood!!! (*Note: If you're just a wierdo who's stalking me on facebook, please don't come by for dinner... Thanks...)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not deleting me from your friend list! =)
I pray that you are doing well and still loving your job. If you are ever in the Seattle area come visit okay!
Nicole Harris (Burden)

Roo said...

i have been thinking the same thoughts...esp regarding FB. btw ...brian and i were just talking last night and remembering when you, darcy and duane came over for tacos! remember that? soooo maybe i am a real friend afterall. hahaha. shalom to you!

Anonymous said...

Jacob, we are not friends :) but I have known your mom and dad and uncles and cousins and (Aunty Echo, too)for many, many years. I just wanted to say that maybe the people who are your friends, whom you don't interact with are your friends because your posts inspire them. Maybe God has led them to your site and maybe you are the only contact they have with God. I am thinking maybe you shouldn't delete any more of your friends because God may be using you to make a difference in their lives.
I am just thinking is all.
God Bless you, Jacob.
marion

crisel said...

at least now...we're engaged..not just a friend or anythingelse in facebook..but someone especial to each other,..there's no reason to delete my name today..I love you so much! as what the other guy said..I think you nspires lots of your friends on fb including me! :)

Anguspure said...

Thanks for keeping me mate. I have to say I really miss the fellowship we all had aboard the Island Mercy all those years ago. I've never found anything like it before or since.
Seeing your stuff on facebook is a huge encouragment and you serve as a testimony of the goodness of God.
Bless you mate.

Jacob Blondahl said...

Thank you all of you! God Bless you all too! Crisel, Don't worry, I won't EVER delete you! hehehe and Scott, Thank you. Those times on the Island Mercy were awesome. I miss them too. I always hope to do something like that again. God Bless you all!