Crisel, Micha, Joy and I

Crisel, Micha, Joy and I
My family!

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Faith

I love writing. I do not do it near often enough, but when I do it is so good to get my thoughts out on paper (Or a screen, I guess). I just finished an email to a good friend and writing down my situation really helped me to see it clearer. I'm still not sure what I will do, but I see it clearer now, and that is a good step. I was writing about how I have found God's provision for the things I have needed, and really the bottom line is that God is faithful. I may be in over my head, but I'm not in over His. I'm planning on going down to Louisiana next month, not for excitement, not for adventure, not to avoid the harsh Winnipeg winter, Not even to work on the ships. All those factors will be there, with their trials as well, but I am going because I believe the Lord has said "GO". I believe this is what I was made for. To walk in obedience to His Holy Spirit. I have enjoyed my life in Winnipeg, and there are people there whom I love very deeply. But I was created to hear God's voice, and follow Him. If He says, "It's time to serve again with Friendships in Louisiana", then it's with excitement that I go. I know it will be hard in some ways. I do not doubt that. There's people I will miss deeply, and those who will miss me. But I want to be, and I know I need to be in the centre of God's will for this season of my life. I don't know how this will work financially or logistically. I'll sell what I can or have to to cover what I can, but I know it's bigger than what my hands can provide. But I have learned that if God gives us a vision, He also gives us the provision. I have seen this true so many times in so many ways. Through jobs, through gifts from others, through money appearing in my bank account or even just finding it, God has provided. And so now, If He's saying go, and this soon, I can only look to Him to provide, and show me how to work out the details that I can work out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Jacob
So good t see you are still following Gods leading. Keep us informed as to your progress.
God Bless
Ron Burden