Crisel, Micha, Joy and I

Crisel, Micha, Joy and I
My family!

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Searching for New Horizons...

I wrote this a few days ago... Jesus and I were at the top of the mast, searching the Horizon. The wind was blowing gently in my face and though there were storms coming, He would be there with me through it. There was this immense sense of peace, and He said that He loved me. We were searching for new Horizons... I was at the helm, a big old ships wheel in my hands, The wind was blowing, and we were facing East, into the weather, and there was this look of peace on my face... The compass card was spinning, but slowly it was settling to a course. Of course, a compass card does not spin, it points to magnetic north, it is actually the ship which spins around the stable compass card as she changes headings... My dream, the foc'sle deck, the gleaming paint, the wind, the spray, the sunshine, the rugged beauty of islands we were passing to Starboard, and the absolutely immense sense of being right in the palm of God's hand... in that moment, on that deck, feeling more at peace than I can ever remember in my life. The name of the ship was Anastasis, greek for resurrection... Resurection of a dream? For as long as I can remember, people have shared words or pictures they felt the Lord gave them for me, and It always seems the central theme is me on a ship... sails, masts, binnacles, helms, the gentle wind... often there was a storm coming or going, but always this sence of peace. I am not surprised but rather encouraged by the fact that these visions have come from several different people over a period of months- perhaps the whole last year or so, plus my vivid dream, but also the dream in my heart... the one that never leaves... To worship the Lord, sailing the seas. Why do I doubt??? What Am I waiting for? This is what I was made for... In the dream that was the sense I had out there on deck... just the overwhelming sense this is what I was made for. I've known that for a long time I think but not recognized it... I got myself so busy trying to help those around me that I just ended up getting burned out; bitter and angry. I'm a sailor, I need to be at sea, but I am also a witness of the grace and the Lordship of Jesus Christ, called to be a minister of His gospel... Not a preacher perhaps but in there somewhere. I know the ships which I'm called to are not the Merchant Navy, but God's Navy. I guess it's all I've ever known in the maritime service sence, But that's where God led me in 1997, 2000, 2001, 2005, and now 2007 and I really believe He's calling me back to Him on the sea. To His service in His Navy!!! A state of the art spiritual battleship disguised as a 63 year old WWII cargo ship. But you know, as I weigh it all, here and now, I know there's nowhere I'd rather be... It will be hard, I know that. I will have to do things I won't want to do, I know that too, It will be hot with little relief, I will probably never be rolling in cash, but it will be good, because The Lord is my provider, Jehova- Jireh. The Lord is my shepherd. The Lord is my strength and my shield and my rear guard. I honestly have no idea how He will provide the finances I will need to get out of debt and go down there, But I believe He is the one who has planted this vision, this burning in my heart. And If the Lord gives the vision, He will also provide the provision. I know that. It's a part of who He is. What that will look like? I don't know, what's down the road, I don't know that either, but He is getting me back into the palm of His hand, and that excites me more than anything I know. There is no God like Jehova!!! 2026, Friday Aug 3rd 2007,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really impressed with your blog. You never told us you had one!! God bless you always and keep you safe, may He fill you with the knowledge of the difference you are making in this world, and how much you mean to so many people. I know numerous people who pray for you daily and can't wait to hear the next installment of how you are doing Gods work, where you are and so on. Love, Mom, xoxo