Crisel, Micha, Joy and I

Crisel, Micha, Joy and I
My family!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Becalmed...

"I see a very large sailing ship, like a three or four master... one that looks like it would carry a lot of people, but it has been becalmed..."The term becalmed is used regarding a sailing vessel when the wind dies away and she can no longer be carried along by her sails. My friend went on to say " But in the distance, I see clouds... Not too far off, a strong wind is coming. Not a storm, but a strong wind..." I knew in my heart the sailing ship represented me, and the coming wind represented the move of the Holy Spirit. My friends were praying for me, about the weight that I have been feeling regarding my debt, my low income, and just the restlessness I have had in my heart about so many areas of my life. I have been praying for direction, clarity, wisdom etc. regarding my desire to be out of debt, to have a family, and to be doing work that I love doing. Again God gave him a picture, and he said: "I see you standing in the chart room, you are pulling out various instruments and charts, but you are not sure which to use or which are the right ones for where you are at..." I was pretty floored. I don't think Vance knew that there was no job I could think of I would rather do than be the navigation officer on a ministry ship... But there was more to it than that, as this picture reflected where I am at right now in my life. I may not currently be on a literal ship, but the picture is one God knows I can see. I'm really not at the helm, steering the vessel where to go, nor am I in the engine room or hoisting sails to make it move. I am in the chart room. I have pulled many charts out, trying to decide where to go. What to do with this life God has given me. The opportunities are endless, as the world is round. But I am seeking God as to where He wants this ship to sail. Maybe I will get to be the navigation officer, But I want Him to be the captain. He can decide where this wild ride will go, and He can deal with the paperwork and the port authorities when we get there. I'll just do what He tells me to do and plot out the best course I can with the information, charts and instruments He gives me. There is a lot of freedom in not having to be the boss. Come Holy Spirit!!!

No comments: